Click Here to View Printable ICM Capabilities Info Sheets
Introducing the NEW ICM Dual Climber System. Click the photo below to learn more!
Climber with EMAT NDT sensors and mechanical cleaning brush.
Click photo to enlarge
- ROTOPEEN: Ideal for coating removal
- STARCUTTER: Ideal for contamination removal on concrete
- WIRE BRUSH: Ideal for removal of blistered or flaking coatings
- NYLON BRUSH: Ideal for surface cleaning
For lead paint removal, coating removal, surface preparation, radiological, chemical, biological cleanup, the use of Mechanical Abraders is critical because no "secondary waste" is generated.
Non-Aggressive Surface Cleaning
- Proprietary nylon brush cleaning with water injection
NDT (Non-Destructive Testing)
- Coating thickness (dry film thickness gauge)
- Wall thickness measuring / corrosion inspections
- Radiological testing and surveys
- Crack and surface flaw detection
- Ultrasonic testing
Remote Camera Inspection
- Visual inspections
- Pan, tilt, zoom
Pressure-Fed Paint Roller
- Remote-controlled application of most paints and mastics
- No over-spray
Paint & Mastic Spray Head
- Standard paints & coatings
- Plural-component epoxy
Capabilities in Development:
On-Board LaserFor coating removal. decontamination, surface preparation and surface cleaning. No secondary waste. Efficient. Fast.
Crack InjectionPumping epoxies, urethanes, other polymers or cementious materials to the machines give them the capability of performing remote-controlled crack and damage repair.
Sand BlastingVirtually any sand/grit media can be delivered from ICM machines and captured at the source, thus eliminating tenting/containment structure.
Water BlastingUltra pressure, high pressure, or low pressure water delivery systems can be attached to ICM climbing machines and the water completely contained and capture.
Your TechnologyICM is receptive to discussing technology partnering, joint ventures and licensing opportunities with you
ICM for Wind Turbine Blade & Tower
Inspection & Repair
Figure 1. ICM Climber with ultrasonic scanner deployed from hub (Nacelle) of large wind turbine.
Figure 2. Top view of ICM Climber performing scanning inspections of bond line between the surface of the blade and the support beam inside the blade.
Figure 3. ICM Climber performing ultrasonic inspection of trailing edge of wind turbine blade. Note thickness of blade.
Figure 4. Top view of ICM Climber on wind turbine blade testing for integrity of trailing edge of blade.
Figure 5. Close-up of ICM Climber performing ultrasonic inspection of trailing edge of wind turbine blade.
Figure 6. Close-up of ICM Climber with ultrasonic scanner testing for the integrity of the bond line between the surface and the support beam inside the wind turbine blade.
Figure 7. System Diagram for ICM Wind Turbine Deployment (click image for enlarged view)
Figure 8. System Diagram for ICM Wind Turbine Tower Deployment (click image for enlarged view)
Click Here to read Green Living Ideas article on ICM Climbers for Wind Turbine Inspection, Cleaning and Maintenance
ICM for Hot Cell Remote Spray Applications
ICM for Nuclear Containment Deployments
Figure 1. Cross-sectional View of Containment Structure (click image for enlarged view)
Figure 2. ICM Climber Deployed in Dome Section of Containment Structure (click image for enlarged view)
Figure 3. ICM Climber Deployed on Liner Wall Section of Containment Structure (click image for enlarged view)
ADVANTAGES OF ICM CLIMBING MACHINES FOR INSPECTION AND REPAIR OF COATINGS ON NUCLEAR CONTAINMENT DOME
- Proven remote delivery of VT-1 level of visual inspection
- ICM climbers can transition from vertical to inverted dome and they can transition the angles between metal panels on dome
- ICM machines can overcome surface obstacles
- Climbers do not scratch / damage the surface (foam tracks & rollers)
- Climbers can remove the coating for spot repairs or for entire coating removal, AND prepare the surface for recoating if desired
- Climbers clean and capture all the coating debris (point of generation capture) and bring debris down a hose to HEPA filtered collection unit
- ICM machines can install coating via spray or by pressure fed roller to perform spot repairs
- ICM machines can perform remote NDT testing to verify coating installation
- ICM machines have remote lowering safety cable system to lower them down from inaccessible areas
- Multiple ICM climbing machines can be deployed to speed the process and perform assortment of tasks simultaneously
Successfully abate existing coatings to a surface preparation condition meeting SSPC-SP-11 requirements.
Live video camera visual capabilities meet EPRI VT-1 inspection criteria and transport of visual to laptop.
Dry Film Thickness (DFT) Readings
Live, remote DFT readings, on demand, via a mounted DFT gauge and electronically transport data to laptop for visual confirmation.
Capture Airborne Waste
Successfully capture airborne waste of materials generated through the abatement process, meeting EPA standards for lead and asbestos abatement.
Traverse Surfaces and Overcome Obstacles
Successfully traverse vertical, horizontal and overhead surfaces and overcome surface obstacles such as bolts, plates, and conduit.